Anti-racism work requires commitment and action from leadership as well as support for work at the local level. UBC offers a number of funds to support anti-racism initiatives by students, faculty and staff.
Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program
In fall 2021, UBC will launch our Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program. This program is designed to increase the number of undergraduate, Black Canadian students pursuing and obtaining higher education degrees at UBC.
The program offers financial and program support services for eligible participants and will be funded by the university and with the generous support of donors. Scholars will be part of a dual campus experience participating in cross-campus activities. In return, scholarship recipients are expected to make satisfactory academic progress and contribute to UBC’s community of scholars. More information will be coming soon.
Anti-Racism Resources and Supports
- Anti-Racism Initiatives Fund
- Equity Enhancement Fund
- Activating Solidarity: A Guide to Anti-Racism Work
- Solidarity & Action: Five Tips on Tackling Racism
- Inclusion Action Plan
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
- Equity and Inclusion Office
- Activating Inclusion Toolkit
- Inclusive Teaching @ UBC
- UBC Discrimination Policy (PDF)