Keep up to date on UBC’s work to embrace difference and enact values of dignity, mutual respect and justice.
- New institutional roadmap to guide implementation of EDI prioritiesThe StEAR Roadmap for Change is a substantive component of the Framework that includes a detailed set of objectives and strategic actions to be implemented over the next three to five years.
- March 21 is International Day for Elimination of Racial DiscriminationRead the statement from Arig al Shaibah, Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion, recognizing March 21, the International Day for Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Attend a virtual forum on UBC’s anti-racism commitmentsYou are invited to attend a virtual forum on January 25, 2023, to learn more about the work that has been done, as well as UBC’s progress and plans to implement its anti-racism commitments.
- Announcing the appointment of Associate Vice-President, Equity and InclusionWe are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Arig al Shaibah as the new Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion, starting July 1, 2022.
- Invitation to attend the virtual launch of UBC’s Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence task force reportWe are pleased to invite you to attend the virtual launch of the ARIE task force report on April 22, 2022. The event will feature remarks from the task force co-chairs and UBC leadership, as well as a panel discussion about the recommendations.
- Search for a new lead for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at UBCThe new lead for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will work to advance human rights; planning and evaluation; education; and systems change across the university.